Johnaye Kendrick: An in-person & livestream concert
June 26 @ 7:30 pm
Saturday June 26
Town Hall, Seattle
In-person & livestream
Please note, this event offers both in-person and virtual/livestream viewing options. If you plan to attend in-person, please review the Attendance Guidelines below.
Attendance Guidelines for In-Person Events
- In-person event capacity will be limited to accommodate social distancing.
- Town Hall’s HVAC system was recently upgraded with new filters to ensure audience safety.
- Staff will be masked and performers will be masked or fully vaccinated. Guests will be required to keep masks on while in the building.
- Seats will be assigned in the Great Hall (at least 6ft from others) and guests will be ushered there by a staff member.
- Guests will be required to remain in their assigned seating area throughout the evening.
- Restrooms will be open.
- With physical distancing measures in place, audience members will not be required to be vaccinated to attend.
- There will be no food or drinks allowed or for sale in the building.
- Priority Member Seating will not be available.
- Questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DownBeat-acclaimed vocalist and Thelonious Monk Institute graduate Johnaye Kendrick is a revered professor at Cornish College of the Arts and a much sought-after artist. Jimmy Keith effused that “Kendrick is not just a vocalist. She is a complete musician with a beautiful instrument and open ears.” Known for her perfect pitch and extraordinary range, Kendrick’s two albums Here and Flying, which include many of her originals, received rave reviews. Paul Rauch on Flying praises her “exquisite phrasing” and “lyrics [that] are so personal, and so richly delivered.” Equally adept at interpreting jazz standards, Kendrick often accompanies herself on harmonium, violin, and other instruments. Kendrick is joined by her first-rate Seattle band which includes pianist John Hansen, bassist Chris Symer, and drummer D’Vonne Lewis.
To purchase tickets for the in-person experience or to access the stream, visit the Town Hall “Buy Tickets” link above.