Operating year-round out of our office in Fremont, Seattle, Earshot Jazz is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring the legacy and progression of the jazz art form. Earshot produces more than 100 concerts throughout the year, publishes the monthly Earshot Jazz magazine, provides grant assistance to resident artists, presents jazz education programs, and more.
Job Title: Development Manager (Full-time, $40,000-$50,000 a year)
Earshot Jazz is looking to add a full-time Fundraising/Development Manager to its small team of passionate music and event professionals. This person would be an essential part of shaping and managing a vibrant, dynamic, and well-respected arts organization in this critical phase of its growth, contributing skills and talent to the creation and execution of compelling fundraising campaigns. For a full job description and to apply please follow the instructions below.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Earshot Jazz is looking to add a full-time Development Manager to its small team of passionate music and event professionals. This person would be an essential part of shaping and managing a vibrant, dynamic, and well-respected arts organization in this critical phase of its growth, contributing skills and talent to the creation and execution of compelling fundraising campaigns.
1. Help Earshot Jazz design and build a platform for sustainable development programs, including:
- Individual Giving through Annual Fund Campaigns
- Major Giving Campaigns including Fundraising and Special Events
- Corporate Sponsorship Program
- Membership Program
- Grant Program
- General Donor Relations and Stewardship
2. Assist in updating and maintaining the annual fundraising plan and fundraising budget.
3. Provide leadership in developing new annual gift strategies; identify and implement strategies to steward members and annual donors to major gifts.
4. Create and manage direct mail and email appeals, event-based appeals, and online giving.
5. Update and manage the annual grant-writing plan. This includes enlisting support from leadership to identify funding priorities, and conducting research to identify prospective grant funders. Coordinate with the staff to write grant proposals and reports to government, corporate, foundation and other funders.
6. Maintain the donor database and manage gift processing. Interface with team members to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation between accounting and development gift records. Maintain security and quality control. Generate queries, reports, exports and other data as needed.
7. Responsible for monitoring donor stewardship plan, including pitches, appeals, producing correspondence which communicates how gifts have been used, preparing acknowledgment letters, and scheduling in-person visits.
8. Collaborate with staff and board in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding current and prospective major donors.
9. Manage donor events.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Earshot Jazz.
- Must be a positive team player and have a great sense of humor.
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- Experience with individual giving programs highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and self-manage time and workflow in order to maximize efficiency.
- Detail oriented.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and Sheets.
- Proficiency with CRM software Patron Manager or Salesforce a plus.
Availability and Hours:
This position is Full Time position and is expected to work a routine schedule of 40 hours/week, five days per week out of the Earshot Jazz office. Nights, weekend work, and significant efforts during the annual Earshot Jazz Festival is a requirement of the job. Flexibility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, passion for music, and cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Earshot Jazz is committed to building a diverse staff that represents the diversity of the art form we serve. Earshot Jazz does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, ancestry, religion, political affiliation, age, gender, sexual identity, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
$40-$50k/year + benefits
How to Apply:
If interested, please email a resume, three references, and cover letter explaining why you love jazz and would be a great fit for this position at email@example.com.
Any inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.